I want to be a Dancercise Kids teacher!
Thanks for visiting! We're excited that you're considering becoming a member of the Dancercise Kids family of talented, creative teachers. This page should answer some of the more common questions. We encourage all qualified candidates to complete the application form you can find here.
What do Dancercise Kids teachers do?
- We bring our unique curriculum of dance, fitness and healthy living to children in pre-school, childcare, elementary schools and community centers. We teach kids basic lessons of life and healthy living through fitness and dance
- We visit accredited child care centers throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. We also have a studio in Minnetonka, MN where we offer classes several days a week for those parents that prefer to bring their children to us
- You can find out much more about our curriculum by spending some time on this site, especially here. You can also listen to some of music to which you will be teaching curriculum here
What qualifications do I need?
- You should be enthusiastic working with young children, with all of the joys and occasional challenges that entails
- You should have specific experience teaching pre-school age kids
- You should have a background in dance. We teach jazz, tap and ballet, as well as fitness and creative movement.
- You need to be enthusiastic and engaging for the kids, even on a Monday morning when it's -5 outside!
- You need be organized and reliable - you must be a self-starter willing to take responsibility for your classes and customers; your 4-year-olds won't be impressed with problems with your alarm clock!
- You must have a reliable car, since you are responsible for getting to all of your classes ON TIME EVERY TIME
What can I expect from you?
- Competitive pay structure that rewards you for growing your classes
- Supportive office staff who will manage most of the administrative elements and leave you to focus on building your classes and teaching the curriculum
- Gas Reimbursement
- Flexible hours - from as few as 2-3 classes a week to 12
- A fun and rewarding role with adorable customers!
How do I get started?
Complete the application form you can find here. We will respond to you when we've reviewed your background. Please remember that this is not a "temporary position". If you cannot commit to at least a year, please do not apply.